Knee Pain Treatment near Chesterfield, MI
Sore knees are hardly a cause for concern. Everyone suffers from stiffness and soreness; however, if you are experiencing chronic knee pain, there may be some underlying factors that could be causing you to suffer more than is expected. Have you lost mobility in one or both legs? Do you suffer to keep your full weight on your legs for any period of time? Worried that your age is causing frailty in your joints? Have anti-inflammatory drugs stopped being effective? Macomb Pain Management is here to help, and today we bring you a short list of knee pain treatments in Macomb County available near the Chesterfield, MI area.
What Could Be Causing Your Knee Pain
Knee pain is common in many adults and often results from overworking the muscles or a minor injury from sports. However, if you are seeking relief for something more serious, there could be an underlying issue which could be one of the following:
- Arthritis: Arthritis is a degenerative disease with over 100 different types of diagnosis under a single umbrella term. It is characterized by swelling in the joints that is accompanied by stiffness and tends to worsen with age.
- Tendonitis: Commonly accompanied by an injury, tendonitis is a non-arthritic swelling of the tendons that can be resolved in minor cases but will need medical intervention if symptoms of swelling continue after a few days or weeks.
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome: Often called “Runner’s Knee,” patellofemoral pain syndrome is caused by overworking the knees. It is characterized by pain behind the knee and can heal on its own in most cases. This type of pain is often confused with the next knee pain cause.
- Osgood-Schlatter’s Disease: Similar to the runner’s knee, OSD is characterized by a painful swelling behind the kneecap. However, this disease is a chronic condition, so if you experience patellofemoral pain often, it may be caused by an actual illness rather than a temporary injury.
Arthritis Treatment And Arthritis Repair • Treatment For Ligament Strains • Treatment For Joint Pain And Chronic Inflammation • Neck Pain And Spinal Pain Treatment • Treatment For Tendonitis Pain And Bursitis Pain • Treatment For Tendon Tears And Sports Injuries • Treatment For Sciatic Nerve Pain • Chronic Pain Treatment From • Herniated Discs • Treatment For Diabetic Neuropathy • Knee Cartilage Healing And Repair • Sacroiliac (Si) Joint Dysfunction Treatment • Degenerative Disc Disease Treatment And Repair
Treatments For Knee Pain Near Chesterfield, MI
Your doctors at Macomb Pain Management specialize in joint pain reduction and are here to provide relief. Some of the treatments available for knee pain include:
- Physiatrist Treatments: Physiatrists are specialists in musculoskeletal therapies and are board-certified medical doctors who can guide you along a treatment path. Physiatrist treatments include recommendations to physical therapists, at-home therapy exercises, and prescription medical aids for recovery.
- Functional Medicine: Functional medicine is a homeopathic treatment that includes guiding patients through things such as acupuncture, naturopathy, massage, chiropractic medicine, osteopathic medicine, body movement therapies, tai chi, and yoga.
- Injections: The most invasive procedure available at Macomb Pain Management, injections of various non-steroidal remedies, can help to alleviate pain while avoiding surgeries or other, more dangerous medications.
- Lifestyle Guidance: No one can know your pain and what works for you better than yourself. Some of the best treatments for knee pain can be as simple as adjusting your lifestyle and finding methods that limit your pain naturally. These lifestyle changes include weight loss, daily exercise, stretching routines, and diet changes.
- Many More Options Available: Treatment of your knee pain symptoms and the root causes come in all different forms. There is no “one size fits all” cure for knee pain, and depending on your age or condition, there may be an alternative treatment that will work better than the most common.
To learn more about the treatments available and how you can find relief, contact the doctors at Macomb Pain Management and take back control of your pain today! Call us at (248) 844-8281 or visit our contact page for details on scheduling your pain management consultation.