Arthritis Treatment Near Chesterfield, MI
Arthritis is a common disease that affects nearly a quarter of all adults in the United States, with the Centers for Disease Control reporting numbers of upwards of 58.5 million people having various rheumatic conditions. Often characterized by discomfort and inflammation around the joints, it is the leading cause of joint pain in adults. If you or a loved one in Chesterfield, MI have been suffering from an arthritic condition, you are likely seeking arthritis treatment. Here at Macomb Pain Management, we are happy to declare that help is available and your arthritis can be managed. Here, we will go into a few available techniques, emphasizing avoiding surgery and harmful medications so we can help you heal naturally.
Physical Therapy Treatment for Arthritis
Physical therapy is a treatment path that can be tailored to any age, body type, and fitness level. With the assistance of a physiotherapist, you will develop routines and exercises that are low-impact and help with flexibility. While the point of physical therapy is not to heal the condition, it is intended to get you back to the point where you can perform everyday activities without difficulty and provide you with the tools to handle difficult situations when they arise.
Some benefits of physical therapy include a better understanding of your body’s limits and physiology, a customized routine explicitly built for you, and several techniques along with how to use orthotic devices like braces and splints.
Arthritis Treatment And Arthritis Repair • Treatment For Ligament Strains • Treatment For Joint Pain And Chronic Inflammation • Neck Pain And Spinal Pain Treatment • Treatment For Tendonitis Pain And Bursitis Pain • Treatment For Tendon Tears And Sports Injuries • Treatment For Sciatic Nerve Pain • Chronic Pain Treatment From • Herniated Discs • Treatment For Diabetic Neuropathy • Knee Cartilage Healing And Repair • Sacroiliac (Si) Joint Dysfunction Treatment • Degenerative Disc Disease Treatment And Repair
Arthritis Treatment Techniques To Try At Home
While physical therapy will teach you techniques to take home, here are a few that you can start practicing now:
- Heat And Cold: Swapping between hot and cold, chilling with cool packs for about fifteen minutes, and then heating with a heating pad or hot water bottle can help reduce inflammation in tender joints, especially after exercise or stress.
- Exercise And Stretching: It may seem counterproductive to move when your joints are aching, but stretching and exercise can help reduce the tension in your tendons, and having greater flexibility can limit the spread or potential future damage.
- Wear Orthotics: With knee pain being the most common, a brace and other orthotics will reduce the strain on your joints and help you take on day-to-day activities.
- Rest: Rest, rest, rest, and rest some more. In balance with other physical activities, daily routines, and exercise, taking breaks and giving your body time to heal is essential. So, rest often and take frequent breaks when your arthritis symptoms flare.
What To Expect At Your Appointment With The Team From Macomb Pain Management
- We will likely review your medical history, symptoms, and pre-existing conditions.
- A physical exam is the second necessary step to locate the source of your pain and potential damage.
- Lab tests will likely need to be conducted along with several imaging tests along with X-rays or other imaging like ultrasound.
- You may not receive a diagnosis the day of your initial consultation, as imaging tests and lab results are analyzed. We will notify you as soon as we have results so we can begin laying out an arthritis treatment plan specifically designed for you.
Seek Arthritis Treatment From Chesterfield, MI Pain Management Experts
When going in for an arthritis treatment appointment, ensure you bring the following:
- Written and detailed descriptions of your symptoms
- Information about any medical problems and procedures you’ve had in the past
- Information about the medical problems of your parents or siblings
- All the daily medications and dietary supplements you take
Macomb Pain Management is your go-to place for arthritis care near Chesterfield, MI. Early intervention is crucial, and some forms of arthritis can cause permanent damage to the joints, so don’t wait until it gets worse and start on your arthritis pain relief journey today. Call us at (248) 844-8281 or visit us online to schedule an appointment here.
Call (248) 844-8281 to Schedule an Appointment at Our Pain Management Clinic in Shelby Township MI and Surrounding Areas:
- Arthritis Treatment Shelby Township MI
- Arthritis Treatment near Washington Township MI
- Arthritis Treatment near Macomb Township MI
- Arthritis Treatment near Almont MI
- Arthritis Treatment near Utica MI
- Arthritis Treatment Near Sterling Heights MI
- Arthritis Treatment Near Romeo MI
- Arthritis Treatment Near Clinton Township, MI